- Shropshire Archives has an online catalogue to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. There’s also a visitor’s guide and an events page plus news and local facts.
Births, Marriages, Deaths and Burials
- Free BMD
Has a lot of coverage for Shropshire births, marriages and deaths from 1837 onwards.
- Shropshire Parish Records
For baptisms, marriages and burials from 1538 onwards.
- RootsChat Shropshire
Ask a question about your Shropshire ancestors or meet people researching the same surnames.
View historical Shropshire street directories which can help you find your ancestors’ addresses and occupations.
- GENUKI Shropshire is a free family history & genealogy resource which lists links and resources for the English county of Shropshire.
- Discovering Shropshire History
A wealth of information and links for discovering Shropshire history. Especially interesting for family history and local history research.
- Old Shropshire Maps
Many old maps from the 1600s, 1700s and 1800s.
- Family Heritage Search
A professional genealogist and family history researcher based in Telford, Shropshire, England with over 20 years of experience in tracing ancestors.
- School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870-1914
Search over 70,000 Shropshire school records, their parents’ names and possible occupations.
- The Shropshire Family History Society was founded in 1979 to provide a meeting place in Shropshire for all those interested in Family History. There are several searchable online databases including over 9,000 Surnames from over 350 County Burial and Commemorative Site, approximately 14,000 strays, war dead and war served.
- Lichfield Wills Database
This Lichfield Wills Database comprises a transcription jointly by Paul Jones and Rosemary Lockie of Phillimore’s Calendar of Wills & Administrations in the Consistory Court of Lichfield, 1516-1652; plus a handful of Peculiar Courts, 1529-1790.The Lichfield Diocese for this period included the pre-1974 counties of Derbyshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire and Warwickshire; and prior to 1541, the diocese of Chester.